Executive Personal Assistant
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- BCom Administration Degree from an accredited institution and/or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience.
- Substantial professional experience related to the core issues in this job description.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication.
- Phone Etiquette.
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office and desktop publishing software; ability to design and edit graphic presentations and materials.
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Demonstrated excellence and leadership in technical/organizing skills.
- Adept team player with good interpersonal skills.
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including Board members, senior executives, staff, community leaders, donors, and funded partners.
- Superb organizational and time management skills including the ability to manage numerous tasks simultaneously, working under pressure and meeting deadlines and arriving to work on time.
- Strong adaptability skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Ability to keep calm and work in a fast-paced environment.
- General problem-solving skills.
- Provide sophisticated calendar management for the executives.
- Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Act as a liaison and provide support to the Board of Directors. Arrange and handle all logistics for Board.
- Meetings and events: schedule meetings; draft agendas; develop, compile, and distribute presentation materials; and record meeting minutes on behalf of Board Secretary.
- Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding Board matters.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the Executive’s ability to effectively lead the organization, including: assisting with special projects; designing and producing complex documents, reports, and presentations; collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists; making travel arrangements; and completing expense and mileage reports.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Executives, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature.
- Prioritize and determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgement to reflect Executive’s style and organization policy.
- Work closely with the Executive to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Act as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the Executive updated.
- Anticipate Executive’s needs in advance of meetings, conferences, etc.
Coordinate all Executive Team meetings and retreats and assist with staff meetings and events as needed.
- Provide “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, providing a bridge for smooth communication between the Executive and staff, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust,and support with the Executive Team.
- Follow up on contacts made by the Executives to cultivate ongoing relationships.
- Manage all aspects of organization’s office services. Evaluate and assist in developing office policies and procedures for improved workflow and anticipate future needs as organization grows.
- Assist in the selection of vendors and purchase equipment, services, and supplies necessary for operation of organization
- Manage information systems operations including hardware, software, desktop support, internal telecommunications, and strategic systems development and planning.
- Supervise IT consultants. Prepare budget recommendations.
- Replenish office materials such as snacks, printer supplies, paper, office supplies, etc.
- Provide event management support as requested.
- Provide hospitality to all guests and help to create a welcoming environment.
- Answer main phone line and respond to inquiries.
- Process and distribute daily mail.
- Invest in building long-lasting relationships both externally and internally.
- Manage petty cash reimbursements and reconciliation.
- Other projects/duties as assigned for the overall benefit of the organization
Job Expiry Date